Our Favorite TEARJERKER SONGS of 2008
· ALONE by Jeanette Williams (Thank You For Caring, Blue Circle Records). Songwriter: Ryan Roberts. Lyric sample: “There’s a lonesome feeling at my door, and an emptiness that fills my home, but if you can’t love me anymore, well I’m sure I’ll be better on my own. Are you sure that you’d rather be alone?”
· CATCUS IN A COFFEE CAN by Melonie Cannon (And The Wheels Turn, Rural Rhythm Records). Songwriters: Allen Shamblin and Steve Seskin. Lyric Sample: “My momma was a tortured soul, I still love her even though she gave me away on the day I was born.”
· I DON’T WANT TO WAKE UP ANYMORE by Carrie Hassler & Hard Rain (CHHR2, Rural Rhythm Records). Songwriter: Josh Miller and Josh Swift. Lyric Sample: “I don’t want to fight for life without you. There’d be no reason left worth fighting for. If I can’t wake up knowing that you’d be here, then I just don’t want to wake up anymore.”
· EVERYTHING’S BLUE a duet with Jeanette Williams and Keith Garrett (Thank You for Caring by Jeanette Williams on Blue Circle Records. Songwriter: Marcie Horne. Lyric Sample: “You’re too young and it won’t work, that’s what the old folks say.” “How could a love that seem so right prove to be untrue? How could a promise meant forever fade like the morning dew?
· FLOWERS by The Lonesome River Band (No Turning Back, Rural Rhythm). Songwriter: Billy Yates and Monty Criswell. Lyric Sample: “You won’t believe how much I’ve changed since you’ve left. It took losing you for me to find myself.”
· IF THESE WALLS COULD TALK by Carrie Hassler & Hard Rain (CHHR2, Rural Rhythm Records). Songwriter: Josh Miller. Lyric Sample: “And the people screamed, and the people danced, and they try to conjure up some sweet romance. And they tell lies and make believe they’ve got more on earth to live for than the bar down the street. So look around and you will find that if these walls could talk I’d know they cry.”
· SUPPOSED TO BE by Jett’s Creek (Supposed to Be, Indie). Songwriter: Angie Young. Lyric Sample: “Did it ever cross your mind just how it felt that night you left me standing all alone watching you go? Your words cut like a knife, and they broke everything inside. That wasn’t how it was supposed to be, but then you left me.”
· LONESOME DOVE by Tim Hensley (Long Monday, Rural Rhythm/Blue Chair). Songwriter: Larry Cordle and Carl Jackson. Lyric Sample: “Lonesome dove we’re not that different, you sing a sad song, but you are not alone. You’ve been forever forsaken by the one that you love and I know you feel lonesome dove.”
Now we want to hear you favorite tearjerker songs of 2008. Leave us a comment!