Pinecastle Records is very proud to present today’s new self-titled album release by Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road. The album features tunes by some of today’s top songwriters including: “That’s Kentucky” written by Troy Engle, Dixie Hall and Tom T. Hall; “All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye” written by Terry Foust and Ray Edwards; along with many tunes written and arranged by Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road band members. Tracks include:
- That’s Kentucky 2:52 – Dixie Hall/Tom T. Hall
- Living With The Shades Pulled Down 2:12 – Boudleaux Bryant/Felice Bryant/Merle R. Haggard
- Livin Like I’m Dying 2:18 – Lorraine Jordan/Terry Foust
- You Won’t Ever Forget Me 3:02 – Lois Snapp/Ernest Tubb
- All We Ever Do Is Say Goodbye 2:20 – Terry Foust/Ray Edwards
- Song of the French Broad 2:46 – Obray Ramsey – Traditional – (Chorus by Josh Goforth)
- I Heard You Call His Name Last Night 2:55 – Tommy Long
- The Bluegrass Barn 2:50 – Lorraine Jordan
- Hold Me One Last Time 2:24 – Terry Foust/Lorraine Jordan
- Suitcase of Your Heart 3:45 – Joshua Goforth
- I Saw The Golden Stairs 2:58 – Tommy Long/Joshua Goforth
- Liza Jane 1:50 – Traditional Instrumental (Arranged by Ben Greene)
“This is a wonderfully tasty romp that takes you back to when the music mattered and it had to be good music first before the machine could turn it into product. Hot stuff,” said Midwest Records Reviews.
Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road will perform numerous times during the upcoming International Bluegrass Music Association’s World of Bluegrass to be held in Raleigh later this month. On September 25, Pinecastle Records and Good Home Grown Music will host the band’s CD Release Party at Tir Na Nog located at 218 South Plum St. in Raleigh, NC from 9:00 pm to 1:00 am with special guests Dale Ann Bradley, James King and Steve Dilling & Sideline. Their complete scheduled for the week includes:
- Tuesday, Sept. 24 – Live on WAMU (IBMA) – Raleigh Convention Center – 1PM
- Tuesday, Sept. 24 – Tir Na Nog sponsored by Bluegrass in Cherokee and Christmas in the Smokies – 10PM
- Wed, Sept. 25 – CD Release Party, Tir Na Nog sponsored by Pinecastle Records and Good Home Grown Music – 9PM
- Friday, Sept. 27 – Tir Na Nog performance sponsored by Outer Banks Bluegrass Festival – 10PM
- Saturday, Sept. 28 – Lincoln Theater sponsored by Make Welcome Entertainment – 1AM
- Saturday, Sept. 28 – “How To Run a Band Like a Business” Seminar by Lorraine Jordan, NC Bluegrass Pavilion – 3PM
- Saturday, Sept. 28th – Tir Na Nog concert sponsored by MerleFest – 7PM
Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road’s new album is set to continue the success from their last album that included a #1 Bluegrass Unlimited song. The band is comprised of Lorraine Jordan (mandolin and tenor vocals), Tommy Long (baritone vocals and guitar), Josh Goforth (fiddle), Ben Green (banjo), and John Bradley (bass). They have earned a reputation as one of the hardest working bands in bluegrass, averaging 60 bluegrass festivals in the U.S. and Canada annually along with headlining the Bluegrass Cruise and hosting the Canadian Bluegrass Awards, Christmas in the Smokies Bluegrass Festival and Bluegrass in Cherokee.
For more information Lorraine Jordan & Carolina Road’s new album and to see a complete list of performance dates, please visit www.carolinaroadband.com.