Mark Newton & Steve Thomas have been entertaining audiences all year long and will now take their lively show to Raleigh, NC next week. They have numerous performances scheduled during the International Bluegrass Music Association’s (IBMA) World of Bluegrass convention including:
- Monday, Sept. 23 – 11:30 am – On the Air with Host Mike Moore on WMYN Radio’s “Celebrate NC” on your dial or listen live on the web at http://www.rcrlive.com
- Wednesday, Sept. 25 – 1:00 pm – Live interview and performance WAMU Bluegrass Country live broadcast from the Raleigh Convention Center, Room 201 in front of a live audience.
- Wednesday, Sept 25 – 11:00 pm – Bluegrass Ramble Showcase sponsored by MerleFest, Pinecastle Records, and The Mast Farm Inn to be held at the Longview Center.
- Thursday, Sept 26 – 3:00 pm – Special Artist Presentation titled “Working with Pinecastle and Starting Our New Band” to be held at the North Carolina Bluegrass Pavilion located in the Exhibit Hall at the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Thursday, Sept. 26 – 4:00 pm – North Carolina Bluegrass Pavilion Stage in the Exhibit Hall of the Raleigh Convention Center.
- Friday, Sept 27 – 3:45 pm performance on the City Plaza Stage at the Wide Open Bluegrass Street Festival to be held at the 400 block of Fayetteville St., in downtown Raleigh. For more information on tickets to all of these events, please visit http://www.ibma.org.
Earlier this year, Pinecastle Records released the album, REBORN by Newton & Thomas that includes the hit single, “Old McDonald Sold The Farm.” The song has spent all year topping the bluegrass radio charts including reaching #1 four times on Bluegrass Today’s Top 20 Song Chart, climbed as high as #5 on Sirius XM Radio’s Bluegrass Junction Most Played Tracks, and continues to climb the Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine’s Top 30 Songs chart. The album made its debut this month on Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine’s Top 15 Album chart as well.
“Old McDonald Sold The Farm” has also been released as a music video that has spent numerous weeks at #1 on Yallwire’s Top 10 Most Watched Bluegrass Music Videos and appeared earlier this month at #13 on Yallwire’s Top 100 Most Watched Videos in All Genres. The video can be viewed at on youtube, yallwire.com, the band’s website and many other locations.