Dave Adkins self-titled album, that recently made its debut at #1 on Billboard’s Top 10 Bluegrass Albums chart for retail sales, is now garnering significant success on the bluegrass radio charts. Adkins’ original song and first single release, “Change Her Mind,” is #1 on Sirius XM Bluegrass Junction’s Most Played Tracks with the album at #2 on the station’s Most Played Albums this month.
“Change Her Mind” has also appeared on the Bluegrass Today Top 20 Weekly Singles Chart for 11 weeks, recently earning the #1 spot, and appearing in the top 10 for four consecutive weeks. The publication hit the mark saying, “Adkins is entertaining, and truly has one of the most powerful voices in bluegrass today.”
The album and the red hot single continues to climb Bluegrass Unlimited Magazine’s National Bluegrass Survey Top 30 Songs and Top 15 Albums Chart and the Roots Music Report’s Top 50 Bluegrass Albums and Singles charts.
Many other tracks from Dave Adkins have also been well received. The lightning fast “Turn and Burn,” co-written by Dave Adkins, David Morris and Dawn Kenny, was the 2nd Place Winner in the prestigious Hazel Dickens Songwriting Contest. The country flavored “Fool-o-sophy” written by Kentucky Hall of Famer Larry Cordle and Country superstar Chris Stapleton, has been appearing on a fan voted Country music chart. The impressive cover of John Michael Montgomery’s country hit “Sold” recently debuted on the Bluegrass Today’s Top 20 Weekly Song Chart.
Adkins is now out on tour performing songs from his hit album. Music fans can witness his one of kind live performance in Kentucky, Virginia, North Carolina, Indiana and West Virginia, before he heads out west. For a full tour schedule, please visit daveadkinsmusic.com.
- May 13 – Simply the Best in Grayson, Ky.
- May 20 – Apple Blossom Festival, Elkhorn City, Ky.
- May 21 – Laurel County Shrine Club Bluegrass Festival, London, Ky.
- May 27 – Dr. Ralph Stanley’s 45th Annual Memorial Weekend Bluegrass Festival, Coeburn, Va.
- June 2 – Collin Raye, Dave Adkins, Lonesome River Band, and more – Island Opry, Manteo, N.C.
- June 3 – Sally Gap Bluegrass Festival, Williamsburg, Ky.
- June 12 – 50th Anniversary Bill Monroe Memorial Bean Blossom Bluegrass Festival, Bean Blossom, In.
- June 18 – Rockahock Spring Bluegrass Festival, Lanexa, Va.
- June 23 – RudyFest hosted by Lonesome River Band, Grayson, Ky.
- June 25 – South Branch Bluegrass Festival, Romney, W.V.
- June 30 – Concert in Downtown Martin, Martin, Ky.